St Mary’s College is the only Catholic, all girls’ secondary College in the Ipswich and greater western corridor. Our commitment is for each girl at St Mary’s College to be the best that she can be.
The College offers a place where all are welcomed. As a community, this safe, nurturing and supportive environment is our biggest asset with staff, students and parents making it a priority in all we do and say. Our relatively small size helps to promote this sense of belonging.
To achieve our goal, St Mary’s College provides the following:
- A community that lives out the Catholic mission and values with a focus on social justice and outreach to others.
- A culture of learning for all, with varied pathways to cater for each individual.
- A place where Pastoral Care is central, where welcome, hospitality and belonging are a priority.
- A community that is proud of our history and traditions, whilst offering a dynamic and contemporary curriculum.
- An affordable education.
- A staff that are dedicated and highly qualified.
- A culture of involvement where our girls are encouraged to be involved in the extensive co-curricular program that covers opportunities in the Sport, Cultural and Service fields.
The College is nestled in a Catholic precinct and we enjoy a strong connection with the St Mary’s Parish. It offers parents the opportunity to enjoy a ‘one stop’ option to educate the whole family in the Catholic tradition, with our neighbours, St Mary’s Primary School offering Preparatory to Year 6 and St Edmund’s College offering all boys, Years 7 to 12.