The My School website is a government-run website which allows parents and educators to search and compare schools across Australia, and includes a find-a-school function, school performance ratings and profiles, along with links to individual school websites.
My School provides information about schools in Australia, letting you see how a school is performing, compared to schools with similar students.
My School is a resource for parents, educators and the community to give readily accessible information about each of Australia’s just over 10,000 schools and campuses.
My School now has eight years of data enabling fair comparisons to be made among schools serving students from similar socio-educational backgrounds, using the index of community socio-educational advantage (ICSEA). It is ICSEA that enables fair comparisons to be made between schools with similar students.
The publication of data on My School allows educators to share information about school achievements and characteristics with the aim of supporting and driving improvement across the nation. For parents, My School provides valuable information to help make informed decisions about their child’s education.
New website features include:
• the latest profile and population data on each school
• outcomes from the 2015 round of NAPLAN testing
• eight years of performance data for comparison
• an additional measure of student attendance
• the latest financial figures on each school, including capital expenditure and sources of funding
• an enhanced user experience with an updated look and feel