The Interstate Student Data Transfer Note system is designed to transfer information between schools about students who move interstate, enabling new schools to support the educational placements of new students.
Curriculum resource lists and a prospectus containing detailed information on school policies, courses, and enrolment procedures are available from schools.
When transferring between schools:
• consider timing – will the move coincide with the change of term?
• involve your children in discussions and decisions about moving – this may help allay any fears or concerns they have if you are moving from another state.
• discuss the forthcoming move with your current school and collect documentation outlining student achievement levels and education history – this will help with appropriate placement at the new school
• prepare a list of your children’s particular needs – e.g. preferred subjects, sporting and other interests, transport needs, extracurricular activities
• consider subject choices, special education provisions, transport to and from school, traineeship programs, and cultural and sporting opportunities
• consider behaviour management, discipline and uniform policies, the school buildings and grounds.